Photo by Jim Ewing

San Francisco Spoils Davis’ Historic Night

Stacy Davis shooting free throws (Photo by Jim Ewing)

Stacy Davis shooting free throws. (Photo by Jim Ewing)

Malibu Ca.--  History was made at Pepperdine University on Thursday night when the Waves took on the University of San Francisco Dons. Pepperdine's Stacy Davis became the all-time leading scorer in Pepperdine men's basketball history. Unfortunately for Davis and his team, USF proved to be too much to handle, and the Dons left Firestone Fieldhouse with an 82-72 victory. Pepperdine entered the game riding high after road victories over Pacific, and conference powerhouse, St. Mary's last week. The first half of Thursday night's game was nip and tuck throughout, with both teams playing a high up-tempo style of offense. Both squads looked to push the pace whenever possible, and sometimes when it was not possible.
Photo by Jim Ewing

Uche Ofoebu hitting a corner 3 pointer (Photo by Jim Ewing)

The teams exchanged leads 11 times in the half and neither team was able to stretch their lead to more than 4 points. The first half came to an end with USF forward Uche Ofoebu hitting a corner 3 to give the Dons a 42-41 lead at the break. Ronnie Boyce led the way for USF in the half with 17 points on 8-11 shooting. The highlight of the half, however, came at about the midway point, when Pepperdine senior  forward Stacy Davis hit a lay up to become the all-time leading scorer in the history of Pepperdine basketball. After the basket the crowd rose to their feet and chanted Davis' name through the TV timeout that followed the basket, Davis finished the half as the Waves leading scorer with 16 points.   USF started the second half in a 2-3 zone defense, which confused the Waves, and  helped USF go on a quick 7-0 run to open the half. USF point guard Devin Watson was also a key component to the Dons run, as he was a one man fast break. Pushing the pace with hard drives to the basket ending in free throws or a drive and kick to an open teammate, Watson finished the game with 21 points and 7 assists. The flow of the second half was much less fluid than the opening 20 minutes, the two teams combined for 25 fouls in the second half. At the 10 minute mark it seemed that the accelerated pace of the game was finally starting to wear on both teams. USF, leading by 5 at the time, became content to walk the ball up court on offense, and both teams went cold, with no points being scored for over 2 minutes of game time. After a timeout with 7 minutes left in the game both teams seemed to find their legs and the pace of the game again picked up. Having trouble finding shots against the zone, Pepperdine looked to their big man Jett Raines to get them back into the game. Raines was able to put in 14 second half points and keep the game within a reach, but with just under 3 minutes to play, USF's Devin Watson connected on back to back 3-point shots, pushing the lead to double digits and giving the Dons the breathing room they needed to close out the game. USF's Ronnie Boyce finished as the games leading scorer with 25 points, but it was
Devin Watson with the and one. (Photo by Jim Ewing)

Devin Watson with the and one.
(Photo by Jim Ewing)

Devin Watson who was the MVP for San Francisco. Watson finished the game with 21 points and 7 assists, and his relentless attack on the basket all night long set the tone for his team, and as a true leader, Watson was able to put the game away late with a couple of clutch 3-point baskets. Stacy Davis led the way for Pepperdine with 20 points and 12 rebounds on his record breaking night.   With the loss Pepperdine falls to 9-7 in conference and will take on Santa Clara this Saturday, in what will be their last home game of the season. USF will be on the road at Loyola Marymount University this weekend, and with the win the Dons improve to 9-7 in conference play as well.

• MickeyRignal
    1 August 2016 at 1:05 am - Reply

I see your site needs some unique articles. Writing manually is time
    consuming, there is tool for this task. Just search in gooogle for; article rewriter Fejlando’s suggestion

• Blanc Baresi
    24 September 2016 at 8:02 am - Reply
  • Roberto Baggio
    24 September 2016 at 8:03 am - Reply
  • Ronaldo
    24 September 2016 at 8:03 am - Reply
  • visit our website
    25 September 2016 at 1:35 pm - Reply

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out annd say I truly enjoy reading yor articles.
    Cann you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
    Thanks!

• Dennis Bergkamp
    26 September 2016 at 12:12 am - Reply
  • Fredrik Ljungberg
    26 September 2016 at 12:12 am - Reply
  • Juan Riquelme
    26 September 2016 at 9:06 am - Reply

The knowledge is incredibly intriguing

• betterscooter.com
    26 September 2016 at 9:37 pm - Reply

Typically the betterscooter.com http://adf.ly/6249830/banner/www.scamadviser.com/is-betterscooter.com-a-fake-site.html were an excellent option for your particular, arctic winters around Iowa. Really nice & robust. Some people spot reasonably easily travellers have the sea salt on a lawn, yet it can be cleaned up and removed just by wiping individuals off with some sort of whet hand towel or maybe acquiring throughout winter.

• Steven Gerrard
    28 September 2016 at 1:52 am - Reply
  • Blanc Baresi
    28 September 2016 at 1:52 am - Reply
  • Dimitar Berbatov
    28 September 2016 at 1:53 am - Reply
  • corburterilio
    1 November 2016 at 3:29 am - Reply

I’d always want to be update on new posts on this site, saved to fav! .

• fifa 17 coins
    1 November 2016 at 4:12 pm - Reply

Unbelievably user friendly website. Great information available on few gos to

2 November 2016 at 1:50 am - Reply

You could certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write.
    The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are
    not afraid to say how thhey believe. Alays follow your heart.

3 November 2016 at 2:39 pm - Reply

If you want to obtain a great deal from this paragraph then you have to apply such methods to your
    won blog.

• corburt erilio
    7 November 2016 at 10:11 am - Reply

Thanks for another informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.

• hopper stock
    28 November 2016 at 10:16 am - Reply

These are actually great ideasin regarding blogging.You have touched some pleasant thingshere. Any way keep up wrinting.|

• faux pendentif van cleef prix
    19 December 2016 at 2:40 pm - Reply
  • cartier love bangle white fake
    19 December 2016 at 2:41 pm - Reply

cartierlovejesduas It’s just a casual observation. I’m tryin to help u out. Anyway, the adult male is wrong. Those were two teenage children experimenting like most of us. My mother ran a lot of girls out of her house with my brothers In their teens. None of them ended up shot dead becuz of it.
    cartier love bangle white fake http://courtshipgift.com/

• cartier bracelet 17 price
    19 December 2016 at 2:42 pm - Reply
  • collier van cleef faux
    19 December 2016 at 2:42 pm - Reply
  • bracelet love de cartier prix faux
    19 December 2016 at 2:42 pm - Reply

cartierlovejesduas Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Thanks!
    bracelet love de cartier prix faux http://www.marquebijoux.com/

• falso anelli con diamanti cartier
    27 December 2016 at 5:34 pm - Reply

cartierlovejesduas Totalmente de acuerdo, Giardino es mejor guitarrista que Slash, Giardino es más completo como compositor, y mucho más técnico, eso lo admito, aunque por gusto personal me quede con Slash. Es muy cierto que la fama de Slash se debe en gran medida al éxito que Guns tuvo como banda, y no por un virtuosismo propio de Slash, incluso eso es algo que el propio Slash admite en diversas entrevistas. En cuanto a lo de la improvisación, eso es algo que no comparto, Slash improvisa bastante en vivo, tal vez no como un virtuoso, pero si lo hace, eso lo puedes apreciar por ejemplo en el tema de la película el Padrino, canción que siempre toco durante el tour mundial de Guns, o en un famoso video que circula por Internet donde aparece improvisando en una presentación junto a Zakk Wylde sobre la base de un tema de Hendrix.
    falso anelli con diamanti cartier http://www.mercibassocosto.net/category/anello-love-cartier-falso

• love bangle size 18 cheap
    27 December 2016 at 5:34 pm - Reply
  • cartier rose gold love bracelet
    1 January 2017 at 12:36 pm - Reply
  • best place to buy cheap girls long sleeve soccer goalie jersey
    1 January 2017 at 2:25 pm - Reply
  • Nachahmung endless love armband
    3 January 2017 at 9:12 pm - Reply
  • replique bracelet homme argent cartier
    3 January 2017 at 9:13 pm - Reply
  • bracelet cartier jaune prix
    3 January 2017 at 9:13 pm - Reply

cartierbraceletlove I know this is an older post, but your comments about young men in an RV (which is what we call a caravan here in the States) reminded me of camping with my son when he was in his teens. When he outgrew sharing a bed, we just pitched a pup tent right outside the door. Most of the campgrounds we used were mixed RV and tent camping and once we explained our need for an ‘extra bedroom’, didn’t mind. The tent became the ‘boys dorm’ and a place for the older kids to get away from the younger ones for a bit when necessary.
    bracelet cartier jaune prix http://www.bestcalovebracelet.cn/fr/

• alhambra bracciale giallo oro buon
    3 January 2017 at 9:13 pm - Reply
  • gefalschte cartier calibre uhren
    7 January 2017 at 4:07 pm - Reply

Hi Kim – good information. Here is my situation, a little different. Maybe there is an easy solution for this from your bottomless bag of tricks. When I came on to twitter, I was mainly trying to connect with other “Training, Learning, and Training Development” professionals. I have a number of those that I follow and that follow me. As I moved into internet marketing, I began to add many people from that arena. Eventually, I decided that I would do better connecting with both groups, but especially the TLTD professionals, if I separated the account into two accounts. So I created a new account using another short version of my name for the TLTD folks (now the distinct minority of the total number). That’s as far as I got. About all I can think of is to start over in that account by following all of the same TLTD folks I followed in my original account in that new account, but getting them to follow me back will be a long slow deal. Is this really the only way to do it?
    gefalschte cartier calibre uhren http://www.aaawatch.cn/de/calibre-watch-series-c89/

• corburterilio
    13 January 2017 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Greetings! Very helpful advice on this article! It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

• interesting read
    3 February 2017 at 8:36 am - Reply

Howdy! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look
    forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

• go to my blog
    7 February 2017 at 5:24 pm - Reply

I simply want to mention I am just newbie to blogs and truly loved you’re web page. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You actually have amazing well written articles. Regards for sharing with us your website page.

• Lindsey Starnold
    21 April 2017 at 2:10 am - Reply
  • Marge Jiran
    21 April 2017 at 7:03 pm - Reply
  • synonymousraptu48.weebly.com
    14 May 2017 at 6:45 pm - Reply

When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the
    thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    So that’s why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!